• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Cannot login into Roundcubemail after upgrade to Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update #5

OllieK

New Pleskian
Hi,

today I upgraded from Plesk Onyx 17.5.43 (I think) to 17.8.11 Update #5.
Now I am unable to login into Roundcube Mail.

/var/log/plesk-roundcube/errors says this:
[13-Apr-2018 09:02:07 +0000]: <i7qk8anj> IMAP Error: Login failed for hugo from 193.xxx.xxx.xxx (X-Real-IP: 193.xxx.xxx.xxx). AUTHENTICATE PLAIN: Authentication failed. in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 196 (POST /?_task=login&_action=login)

Any idea what I can do to fix this?

Hi Mark,

thanks for your answer. How can I check that? The error message is not very detailed...

Edit:
You are right. If I add @domain.com to my login name, the login works.
in defaults.inc.php the $config['username_domain'] setting got lost. Changed it back to this:
$config['username_domain'] = '%t';

Now it works again.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
@OllieK that's curious... I have $config['username_domain'] = ''; but everything is perfectly working.

I noticed that I also have $config['username_domain_forced'] = false;: can it be the case that you have changed it to $config['username_domain_forced'] = true; ?

@OllieK that's curious... I have $config['username_domain'] = ''; but everything is perfectly working.

I noticed that I also have $config['username_domain_forced'] = false;: can it be the case that you have changed it to $config['username_domain_forced'] = true; ?

Weird. No, I have $config['username_domain_forced'] = false;

Back