• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot login to Horde Webmail from PLESK 8.4 - Login failed error

mgwebhosting-uk

New Pleskian
Hi,

I'm trying to login to Horde Webmail on a PLESK 8.4 Server that I setup but it will grant me access with the username and password that I just created in Domains > Mail.

Before you ask, I AM entering the details correctly, it's not something silly like CAPS lock on. I've checked the username/password are correct time and time again.

I've contacted PLESK support about this but no reply. This was several days ago.

UPDATE
-------

It looks like it's an actual PHP Error in Horde, as I've checked the psa-horde log files and found this:

Jul 15 12:51:03 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN x.x.49.20 to localhost:143[imap/notls] as [email protected][on line 258 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]
Jul 15 12:51:08 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN x.x.49.20 to localhost:143[imap/notls] as [email protected] [on line 258 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]

Please note I've substituted my real email address for fake one to avoid getting spammed.

Could really do with getting this sorted.

Would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Mike

Do you have SELinux enabled in this server?

If so, try disabling it and see if it works. Happened to me once back in 8.2 and I saw others with the same problem.

You can disable it by changing to 'SELINUX=disabled' in /etc/selinux/config.

Hope it helps.

Hi Ragefast,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried:

'SELINUX=disabled' in /etc/selinux/config

and it made no difference. I've had problems with selinux myself too.
It can be temporarily disabled with:

# setenforce=0

Whenever I try and login to Horde webmail I just get 'login failed' error, with correct username and password. Frustrating.

Thanks again though.

Hi,

It is said just temporarily setting selinux to permissive still won't work. For selinux to be actually disabled you need to set it to disabled in /etc/selinux/config and then either reboot or change the running config with an 'echo 0 > /selinux/enforce'

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
I tried altering the selinux=disabled in the /etc/selinux/config file, and rebooted the server. Still no luck! It's definately set to disabled now.

I had the same problem today.

In order to fix the problem I had to modify the 127.0.0.1 entry in /etc/hosts to include 'localhost' (without the quotes). After you do that and restart apache everything should work.

I have the same problem - I think. Since today, we can get to Horde, but all email address/password combinations fail, despite the face that we are using the right details.

/etc/hosts says:

# Do not remove the following line, or various programs
# that require network functionality will fail.
127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain
[IP Address of server] plesk.mydomin.com plesk

Can anybody suggest what is going on, and what I need to do to get the webmail working again?

There is something strange showing on the Control Panel:

In Modules/Watchdog, it says that IMAP/POP3 Server (Courier-IMAP) service is stopped.

However, in Server/Services Management it shows the service running, and POP3 emails are certainly running okay through normal programmes such as Outlook.

Grateful for any assistance.

Hello,

I was too getting the same error and fix by following:
1) Downloaded Plesk tar which contains all the RPM'S from Parallels
2) Untar the downloaded Tar.
3) Go to dist-rpm-CentOS-4.2-i386/base/
4) Re-install courier-imap-3.0.8-cos4.build81070322.16.i586.rpm and psa-courier-imap-add-8.1.1-cos4.build81070322.16.i586.rpm which will automatically restart the services too. After re-install I was able to login into Horde without any problem.
[root@vps base]# pwd
/root/plesk/dist-rpm-CentOS-4.2-i386/base
[root@vps base]# rpm -Uvh courier-imap-3.0.8-cos4.build81070322.16.i586.rpm psa-courier-imap-add-8.1.1-cos4.build81070322.16.i586.rpm --force
Preparing... ########################################### [100%]
Reloading configuration: [ OK ]
1:courier-imap ########################################### [ 50%]
Stopping Courier-IMAP server:
Stopping imap [ OK ]
Stopping imap-ssl [ OK ]
Stopping pop3 [ OK ]
Stopping pop3-ssl [ OK ]

Starting Courier-IMAP server:
Starting imapd [ OK ]
Starting imap-ssl [ OK ]
Starting pop3 [ OK ]