1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot login via SSH as user

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by pknutsen, Feb 6, 2006.

1. pknutsen

pknutsen New Pleskian

In run a linux box with Plesk 7.5. In Plesk I have allowed shell access for some users. This works, to some extent.

If I login as root via SSH, I can su to a user that was granted shell access via Plesk

However, I can not login directly to the server as any other user than root.

Thus, there is effectively no way for my users to login to the server.

The 'box' is a 'brand new' VPS. First, I find it odd that root access via SSH is default. Second, I don't know whether the problem with user access via SSH is a Plesk related problem or related to SSH. The fact that the users can su suggests that its an SSH related problem. I checked the sshd_config file for the AllowUsers directory. It isn't even there. Is there anywhere else I could fix this manually?

Also, why doesn't Plesk do what its supposed to do? (i.e. grant shell users access via SSH).