• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Cannot mark messages as 'not spam'

Denis Gomes Franco

Regular Pleskian
User name: Denis Gomes Franco

TITLE

Cannot mark messages as 'not spam'

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.26

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

Messages are being flagged as spam and moved to the spam folder accordingly (I'm using Plesk Email Security Pro). But when a customer identifies a false positive, he tries to move the message back to the inbox and the message goes right back to the spam folder.

I have investigated the issue and what is happening is that:
- The mail server receives a message and mark it as spam (if it is indeed spam)
- Plesk Email Security Pro is set up to move messages to the spam folder, which it does
- Customer checks the spam folder and sees a message that is not spam, so he takes it from the spam folder and moves it to the inbox (or click the NOT SPAM option in Roundcube)
- The message is not found in the inbox, and it goes right back to the spam folder

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

- Take a message that was marked as spam and was automatically moved to the SPAM folder
- Move that message to the inbox

ACTUAL RESULT

The message is moved right back to the spam folder.

EXPECTED RESULT

The message should stay in the inbox.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

This is because the mail server is adding a X-SPAM-FLAG header to messages, and PES set up a server-wide rule to automatically move all messages with such header. After adding the sender to the whitelist, future messages do not have the header added and are received correctly. However, messages manually marked as NOT SPAM should bypass this, or should have that header removed.

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

From developer:

We cannot reproduce it with the same constellation. This is not a configuration that is applied by Plesk Email Security and sounds like a local problem. Amavisd does not process the email again if it is moved or marked as spam/not spam. If the user moves/marks an email, then only the auto-learn scripts are executed in the Pro version. You can analyse it using the mail log in /var/log/maillog.

Something's not right, then. I can see the X-SPAM-FLAG filter rule in Roundcube and whenever I delete it, it comes right back up. Looks like those are server defaults or something. I can't seem to find it anywhere except in the database used by Roundcube (because Roundcube adds these rules every time I log in back to the webmail).

Back