• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Cannot receive and emails since Update to 18.0.58 Update #2

itksystemhaus

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.58 Update #2
Hello,
since yesterday afternoon our server cannot receive or send emails. In the mail log the server throws errors every minute.

Feb 13 20:45:43 plesk postfix/cleanup[30143]: error: open database /etc/postfix/sender_bccsmtpd_data_restrictions.db: No such file or directory
Feb 13 20:45:43 plesk postfix/cleanup[30143]: fatal: open dictionary: expecting "type:name" form instead of "="
Feb 13 20:45:44 plesk postfix/master[2081]: warning: process /usr/lib/postfix/sbin/cleanup pid 30143 exit status 1
Feb 13 20:45:44 plesk postfix/master[2081]: warning: /usr/lib/postfix/sbin/cleanup: bad command startup -- throttling

This file is not in the mentioned directory. The same line was also in the backup config file. So I assume the file has been deleted.
I tried plesk repair mail, which didn't find any error.

Running on Debian 11.9

I hope someone can help me solving this issue.

Thanks
Ralph

What is "sender_bccsmtpd_data_restrictions.db"? Never seen that before. Is it referenced in some configuration line in /etc/postfix/main.cf? In that case it could help to comment out that line.

I did already comment this line out and it works again. But I wonder what this line is good for? There seem to be some restrictions which I do not have anymore.
I hope that this is no security problem.

I don't know what this line does. Never seen it before. It is for sure not generated by Plesk.

Back