• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot Remove DNS after Cancelling During Setup

A

ambaxter

I canceled during a domain creation in plesk to start from the beginning with a different setup.

when i went back to the beginning, the domain was not in the list, however it won't allow me to add it again because it says:

Unable to create the domain {domain} because a DNS record pointing to the host {domain} already exists.

Is there somewhere in Plesk or ssh that i can edit values so that i can bypass this error and add the domain again?

I've tried several things and i cannot get around it.

Hi,

You will have to remove all records related to old domain from Plesk database. They are stored in the dns_recs tables.

You can get them all using the following sql query:
mysql> select * from dns_recs where host like '%domain%';

I'm having two problems now:

1. My database says permission denied for root using password

2. What is the name of the database that contains the record I'm supposed to edit?

thanks for your help

Originally posted by ambaxter
I'm having two problems now:

1. My database says permission denied for root using password

2. What is the name of the database that contains the record I'm supposed to edit?

thanks for your help

1. How do you access Plesk database. Do you use the following command:

#mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa

2. The database name is 'psa'.

Thanks for that help. I used the username admin and it worked.

I created a mysldump and opened in text editor. I found that the domain in question is still in the PSA database in 38 locations.

Now, I have no idea how I am going to remove all references safely!

What mysql command would I have to run in order to remove all instances of my domain from the dns_recs table?

Back