• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot remove domain

shoggy24

Regular Pleskian
I have been trying to remove a domain, so i can recreate it, each time i try this error is generated;

Unable to remove domains: Problems occured while removing domains: Delete database user failed: Cannot change owner of object 'dutton.lively_Forum_UserThreadsDelete' or one of its child objects because the new owner 'dbo' already has an object with the same name.

I think this is a database issue but i have no idea what to do.
I hope somebody can help me out

Thanks

I also just discovered that i can modify anything on this domain, when i try to switch it back on i get the error message;

DNSZone::Table::select() failed: no such row in the table

i also get the error message if i try to view the DNS settings.

shoggy24,

Good approach for this error can be viewed in http://kb.odin.com/en/1360. In spite of the fact that this is Linux related KB, all the necessary causes and solutions are described there. Make a long story short after you tried to remove the domain DNS zone has been updated but all the others remained untouched and now when you try to enable this domain again it searches for empty record or record which does not exist anymore in Plesk database. One need to insert this record manually directly to the database.

This solution can be applied for both - Linux and Windows as MySQL queries are the same in both cases :)
Strongly recommended to backup Plesk database before any changes.

to find out which domains have the dns_zone_id pointing to a dns record on dns_table that doesn't exists you can do this:

"%plesk_bin%"\dbclient.exe --direct-sql --sql="SELECT domains.name FROM domains LEFT JOIN dns_zone ON domains.dns_zone_id = dns_zone.id WHERE dns_zone.id IS NULL"

have the same problem

Unable to remove domains: Problems occured while removing domains: DB query failed: Unknown column 'app_release' in 'field list'

issue in plesk 9

Hi,

I have the same issue in plesk 9.2 when tried to delete a domain. Now the domain is in suspended mode and not able to unsuspend.

The err is:

Error: DNSZone::Table::select() failed: no such row in the table

Pls help..

I cant remember exactly what i did but i know that the KB Dmitry posted above helped a lot. Just make sure you have a good backup before tampering.

Back