• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot Remove Domains

W

webyhost

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has come across this error when trying to delete a domain.

Error: Unable to remove domains: Problems occured while removing domains: Unable to remove hosting: packageutil::remove_all_packages() failed: packageutil failed: Empty error message from utility.

I get this when I try to remove a domain from the Plesk control panel.

I did a chkdsk a few days ago and it was fixing security configurators like mad. My best guess is that I am missing a file of some kind or it got corrupoted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Jorge

Any help? Anyone have any ideas?
I think I may be missing a file.
Just not sure which one.

Thanks,
Jorge

Can you please check the md5sum for packageutil.exe to esure that it didn't get corrupted in any way?
Code:
C:\Plesk\admin\bin>md5sum.exe packageutil.exe
1132279c84fe7cb67478474ee17ccb9b *packageutil.exe

If the file is ok and you get the same md5sum then you can attempt to use the Plesk reconfigurator to correct the file permissions.

Thanks for the reply

The file checks out fine and I even replaced with a fresh one from the 8.01 cab file.

Any ideas?

thank you for your help,

Jorge

I ran the re-configurator and selected to fix all the options.
I also ran the permission fix.
I also tried a re-install over the current version.

No Luck..

We have the same problem but in Windows Plesk 8.2.

How can we resolve this?

This is how to fix the issue.

1. ASP.NET reinstallation
2. Plesk Repair
3. Disable Tamper protection in Antivirus, it can be the problem when removing domains.
Also update files in skeleton (C:\Inetpub\vhosts\.skel), they had wrong size. Also there was problem during creation domain.
5. I corrected permissions for ASP.NET installation directory, denied permissions for psaadm user.

Try then deleting the domain with the issue and it should work.

Regards

I have the same problem

Error message:

Unable to remove hosting: packageutil::remove_all_packages() failed: packageutil failed: Empty error message from utility.

I have the same problem where I try remove a domain or a hosting configuration. My Plesk is 7.6.

I already repair Asp.Net Installation.
I already run Plesk Reconfigurator - Repair
I already run Plesk Reconfigurator - Permissions

If I run domain.exe -r "domain.com" with the command line , the domain is removed with success.

What's happening? =(

Back