• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot Remove old IP's

Cameron_W

New Pleskian
Hi,

A few months ago we recieved a new range of IP addresses and have succesfully changed over my IP addresses . Everything is running ok.

Today, we went to add some new IP addresses and then clicked on "Reread IP" then, the old IP range reappeared.

Now, when we remove those IP's we get the following error message:
Error: IP address 61.8.xxx.xxx cannot be removed because it is used by DNS zone of one or more domains.

Now on investigations of the psa database we found that the IP addresses are linked to a domain which does not exist in the control panel anymore.

Is their a way to remove these records?

According to your description it is caused by database inconsistency. Therefore I see only one way - manual fixing psa database and then removing extra IPs with ifmng CLI utility.

Thanks IgorG.

Here are the steps I took:
1) Backed up the PSA mySQL Table
2) Go into the dns_recs table
Filtered the OLD IPs in the val column
3) Removed these rows
4) Go back and reread the IP's
5) Removed the old IPs.

and that has removed the old IPs.

You can also create full dump of psa database and try to find these IPs in this dump. Most probably that IPs can be used in other tables too.

Yes but, I can only see it in the following tables:

dns_recs - this is where I removed the old IP's
IP_Addresses
log_components
DashboardPresetConfig and;
exp_event

Back