• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Cannot save Backup FTP Storage Settings

Liew CheonFong

Basic Pleskian
I tried to setup backup to use FTP storage (FTPS) but it does not save the settings, the spinning wheel does not stop after click Apply button. I tested the FTPS connection using FileZilla on my computer and it works well.

Any idea? How should I debug it?

9f1abd070aa04a60945acbbb38d9e9ef.png

Try to check ftps connection from your Plesk server with something like

Code:
# yum install lftp
# lftpget ftps://user:[email protected]/path/to/file.txt

Or

Code:
# curl --ftp-ssl ftp://server.com/

I ran
Code:
curl --ftp-ssl ftp://myftp.com/

Here is the output:
curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: self signed certificate
More details here: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html

curl performs SSL certificate verification by default, using a "bundle"
of Certificate Authority (CA) public keys (CA certs). If the default
bundle file isn't adequate, you can specify an alternate file
using the --cacert option.
If this HTTPS server uses a certificate signed by a CA represented in
the bundle, the certificate verification probably failed due to a
problem with the certificate (it might be expired, or the name might
not match the domain name in the URL).
If you'd like to turn off curl's verification of the certificate, use
the -k (or --insecure) option.

What does it mean?

What about first command? Doest it works as expected?

Installed lftp. Could not connect.

Code:
$ lftpget ftps://user:passwd@ftpserver/files/file.txt
`/files/file.txt' at 0 [Delaying before reconnect: 16]

So, if you can't connect to your ftps server from Plesk server but can connect with FileZilla from your workstation, make sure that it is not firewalled on Plesk side or somewhere else.

@Liew CheonFong

A long time ago, I wrote an article about FTPS and you should read that first.

The article can be found at https://talk.plesk.com/threads/tips...tp-with-tls-and-ftp-backup-repository.332166/

Your issue with FTPS is the endresult of a number of (related or unrelated) factors/issues:

1) Passive port configuration: the setup should be proper, see article
2) Firewall related issues: allow access, for tips see article
3) Certificate related issues: this should not be relevant (the curl and lftp issues are likely to be related to the absence of a proper certificate at the curl/lftp side)
4) Plesk Panel related issues: your panel is hanging when saving specific settings

I am pretty sure that a restart of Plesk Panel will solve the problem: run the command service psa stop, followed by the command service psa start

However, I can imagine that the issue with Plesk Panel will return: amongst other causes, this type of behaviour can occur when Plesk lacks sufficient resources.

So, if you are running a VPS (or another relatively small virtual machine), please consider to assign more resources or to resize the VPS (or virtual machine).

Please provide some information about the environment in which you have installed the Plesk instance.

Regards....

@trialotto thanks for reply and the post. The IP addresses are whitelisted on both ends. Server average load is 0.06.

I'll try again when free. I'm using insecure FTP backup for now, and it works. Hopefully Plesk will support backup via SFTP soon.

Back