• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot select Firewall as default Component

ProWebS

Regular Pleskian
I've recently installed Plesk 9.5.2 in a Windows 2008 server.
When I'm logged at plesk and go to Home -> Server Component -> Firewall I can see next to firewall the option "Windows Firewall" but the cycle image is not green, meaning its not Enabled in Plesk.
I press on the link "Firewall" and it is getting me to the next page:

Select default Firewall component
Firewall *
(box) Windows Firewall

I press on the Box (tick) and then press OK button.

it gets me to the previous page (with the server components) and still Windows Firewall is not green.

I do repeat the same thing, and nothing happens....

any ideas?

Did you tried to start Windows Firewall directly in Windows but not via Plesk interface. Do you have any related error messages in Event Viewer?

Hi
Click Referesh button in Plesk to see if this helps

Hi

I have the same problem - did anyone find a resolution to this issue?

Cheers

Same problem here. WSRV2008 R2 web
Additionally I got this error when trying today:

Error: Set default component failed: defpackagemng failed: Execute winfwmng.exe "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?><command><set><opmode/><mode value=\"disable\"/><profile type=\"current\"/></set></command>" failed: Value does not fall within the expected range.
Execute winfwmng.exe "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?><command><set><default config=\"default\"/></set></command>" failed: rollback failed: Can't restore (LAN2) rules: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Collections.DictionaryEntry' to type 'psa.ip.device.ICFRule'.
Value does not fall within the expected range.

The error we get is;

winfwmng failed: Input string was not in a correct format.
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: common_func.php3:109
psaerror(string 'winfwmng failed: Input string was not in a correct format.')
1: firewallmng.php:35
firewallmng->_call(string '<command><show><portopenings/><profile type="current"/></show></command>')
2: firewallmng.php:174
firewallmng->get_rules(string '')
3: RuleList.php:46
RuleList->fetchRuleList()
4: class.cList.php3:105
cList->fetchList()
5: class.cList.php3:124
cList->init()
6: FirewallInterfaceForm.php:37
FirewallInterfaceForm->assign(array, string '')
7: firewall_interface.php:102

Win2008 Server R2 - IIS7.5

Fix for firewall

Hi All

Yes - I got a solution for this and it works perfectly - there is a hotfix as follows;

---------------------------------------

Looks like the issue was already reported to our developers -- you have Windows 2008 R2, and in this case Parallels Plesk Panel utility for managing firewall cannot get firewall version (in Windows 2008 R2 in the place where Plesk is looking for firewall version there's empty string). This will be fixed entirely in future versions, but we have a hotfix (if required). If you like, it can be installed on the server: to install, please rename winfwpackage.dll xxx\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin folder to winfwpackage.dll.old (for backup, just in case) and then put there the .dll file from attached archive.
After that, please open components management in Plesk panel, Settings -> Server Components -> "Refresh". After components are refreshed, Plesk should be able to detect Windows Firewall.

-------------------------------------

I assume there is a place you can download these hotfixes - as the one I got was sent directly by parallels support.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Craig

Craig thank you for posting the solution,
too bad there is no download area with hotfixes :(

Maybe IgorG could give us a link to download it here!

Fix in attach.

Attachments

• winfwpackage.zip
    140.1 KB · Views: 190
I got the same issue in plesk panel 10.1 running w2k r2 has any of you found a solution to the problem?

It worked for us temporarily, but caused other issues too.

We ended up having to reinstall. Has not been a "smooth" ride since, but reinstalling did eliminate many of the issues we had. Upgrading to 10.3.1 also lifted a bunch of other errors. Hoping they get even more sorted out in 10.4

Rod

Back