• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Firewall issues installing

Huey Tinman

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS 7
Plesk version and microupdate number
Unlicensed
Hello, I am on a fresh install of Plesk installing WHMCS and just after the successful database setup I get a page error. 505 Gateway timeout. I see no firewall installed at Security/tools and settings. The GUI method to update times out.
When I attempt to install the firewall from the command line at the CentOS terminal I get a response busy: update operation locked by another update process. Any thoughts on identifying the running update operation halting me? stopping it?

And is it normal to see the logged-on user in the terminal as root@crazy-lalande? This can't be happening today!!!

I have no idea what version of Plesk to license if that's the solution. This is an intended stand-alone WHMCS server, so I installed minimal components at setup. Any help would be huge!

Attachments

• Plesk Firewall.jpg
    Plesk Firewall.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 5
I was able to get past that installation locked error and successfully installed the firewall.

I added ports 7080 and 7081 to get past the 504 Gateway time-out "nginx"

This error throws on initializing the database while installing WHMCS. it's the recommended fix to open the ports but in my case adding the ports as described did not resolve the 504-gateway time-out curse.

Any thoughts anyone?

Back