• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot upgrade from 9.2.2

scottthepotter

Basic Pleskian
I am currently running Plesk 9.2.2 on a Centos 5.4 64-bit box. When I go to 'Updates' in the Plesk control panel it currently indicates (yellow icon) that there are updates to my 9.2.2 version, even though there are none. If I go ahead and 'install' all updates for 9.2.2 it reports a 'success'. However whenever I try to update to 9.2.3 or 9.3.0 I get the following:

ERROR: PleskMainDBException MySQL query failed: MySQL server has gone away Additionally, an exception has occurred while trying to report this error: PleskMainDBException MySQL query failed: MySQL server has gone away
0: common_func.php3:168 db_query(string 'select `id`,`name`,`type`,`uri` from DashboardPreset where `id`=5')
1: class.Table.php:183 Table->select()
2: class.cObject.php:479 cObject->fetchAttrsFromTable_()
3: DashboardPreset.php:29 DashboardPreset->__construct(integer '5')
4: common_func.php3:3115 objectMaker(string 'DashboardPreset', integer '5', boolean false, NULL null)
5: common_func.php3:3124 objectMakerEx(string 'DashboardPreset', integer '5')
6: UserAdmin.php:205 UserAdmin->getDashboardCustomPreset()
7: Favorites.php:100 Favorites::renderFavoritesDropDown(boolean false)
8: class.Form.php:286 Form->assign()
9: AutoInstallerInstallForm.php:124 AutoInstallerInstallForm->assignComponent(object of type AutoInstallerRelease, object of type AutoInstallerComponent, boolean true, array)
10: AutoInstallerInstallForm.php:66 AutoInstallerInstallForm->assign(object of type AutoInstallerRelease, array, array, array, boolean false, boolean false, string '', boolean false)
11: autoinstaller_install.php:132

I have restarted the MySQL server, and run an extended database check on the 'PSA' database and it reports that all tables are 'OK'

So what now?

Did you tried to execute this sql select directly in Plesk database?

select `id`,`name`,`type`,`uri` from DashboardPreset where `id`=5;

Seems you haven't this record there. Check it.

Forgot to mention, that was the first thing I checked, here is the row:

id='5'
name='1-0'
uri='/plesk/dashboard'
type='admin'

All values are present

There is "MySQL server has gone away" error. Try to increase wait_timeout in /etc/my.cnf:

wait_timeout 20000

Restart MySQL after that.

Back