1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot write to custom error documents

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by ChrisMK, Jan 20, 2013.

1. ChrisMK

ChrisMK New Pleskian

The title pretty much says it all. My system specifics are as follows:

PRODUCT
    Plesk 10.3.1, CentOS 6.3

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
    Error message received when attempting to save any file in the error_docs folder after editing the file.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
    As above: attempt to save any file in the error_docs folder

ACTUAL RESULT
    Correct save

EXPECTED RESULT

"Error: Unable to edit file //error_docs/internal_server_error.html: filemng failed: filemng: Cannot open destination file '/var/www/vhosts/mydomainname.com//error_docs/internal_server_error.html.Lbko3V'
    System error 13: Permission denied"

Note the // between mydomainname.com and error_docs - that is not a typo.

Has anybody encountered the same problem, or have any suggestions. A web-search and forum search did not pull up anything helpful. I submitted a support request to Parallels but after completing a four-stage submission I was informed that my license key, from a reseller, is not associated with a support package.

Thanks for reading.

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Affiliate:
    https://plesk.com/?a_aid=59ae552b0731c
    Try to set correct permissions for vhost with help of /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/vhostmng utility (--help option for details). Also check settings of SELinux.
    And consider possibility for upgrading this very old Plesk version to latest.