• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't access domain via FTP, help!

W

wegngis

I can't seem to get into my domain via FTP. I've gone into the domain --> Setup and specified the FTP Login and password, but it doesn't work. Here's the log from WS_FTP:

220 ProFTPD 1.2.10 (ProFTPD) [My IP Address]
USER MyUsername
331 Password required for MyUsername
PASS (hidden)
530 Login incorrect
! Logon failure, so quitting

So, it appears that my FTP server is running properly, but that the user is not authenticating. Do I need to set something else up in Plesk? Is this a firewall issue? What have I missed. Help! :confused:

If it were a firewall issue, then wsftp would not have been able to make the connection at all.

As long as the ftpuser's password actually got written to the Plesk database and the password file properly, then wsftp should be able to authenticate, at least it does on my servers I've tested just now. (I don't normally use wsftp, not secure...).

Figured it out. It turns out that since I had not finished the installation of my SSL certificate it wasn't authenticating the FTP user. Once I finalized uploading and installing the key and certificate, it worked fine. :) :)

Im having same problem ...

Hello,

Im havint the same problem. I have my key installed and its running ok, just this FTP problem ?

Can you give details how did you fixe it ? SSL certificate ?

Thanks
Joao Correia

Back