• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Can’t access ETC folder

Jay_g

New Pleskian
Evening

please bear with me, as I’m a complete beginner with plesk and Linux, although I’m fairly ok with Linux.

I’m renting a VPS from a hosting company (Debian). I’ve created a “subscriber” on Plesk which contains my web server files.

So I login with Plesk, go to the subscriber, and then file manager.

The issue is I only have read access to the etc folder, even though I initially logged in as root? I can access it correctly using SSH, but I’ve just come across a “segmentation error” as a config file for an application sits in there.

Any ideas?

Many

jamie

For security reasons, Plesk does not allow access to system directories, including /etc, through its interface, regardless of who and how you logged into it.
Access to them is possible only through an SSH session with the root account or through an SSH Terminal Extension.

Back