• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Can't access remote ftp backup storage

dgarcia90

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello everyone, I have my server's backup on a remote ftp storage. Backups are performed correctly without any errors. However, I cannot connect to the ftp storage location. I'm tyrying to connect from the server using ssh but nothing happens. It doesn't even ask me for the user password. I can ping the ftp server so I have connectivity to it.

Any idea of what could be happening?

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Looks like ssh server is not up and running on your FTP server. Or ssh port is firewalled. Check it with

# nc -zvw3 IP_ADDRESS_OF_FTP_SERVER 22

Also, you can connect to this server via FTP protocol with login credentials which you use for connection to this server in Plesk UI in Backup Settings.

Looks like ssh server is not up and running on your FTP server. Or ssh port is firewalled. Check it with

# nc -zvw3 IP_ADDRESS_OF_FTP_SERVER 22

Also, you can connect to this server via FTP protocol with login credentials which you use for connection to this server in Plesk UI in Backup Settings.

Hey Igor, thanks for your message. I was doing the wrong thing. I forgot that I have to connect using FTP not SSH, my bad.

Thanks agian!

Back