• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't add DNS record

E

Egenius

Please help !!!

On my Plesk 8.4.0 I had my domain "domain.tld" with revrse zones (about 40936 records)
When I migrate to another server (Plesk 8.6.0.4) this PTR records is not migrated. Migrated only records? that in dns template.
I try add this records with command:
/usr/local/psa/bin/dns -a domain.tld -ptr 1.2.3.4 -subnet 1.2.3.4/24

and I can add only 95 records, after this I see next message:
"Error: The limit on serial number changes has been reached. No more DNS zone changes can be carried out today."

How I can disable this limits, and (or) transfer my zone from old server ?

Thanks !

ADD.

I try to export dns records from DB and import to new plesk DB.
After this I use command "dnsmng update domain.tld"
Zone files is created? but now I can't open tabs "Server" and "Desktop" - plesk is very long time try to open this, but send me emty page.
When I restore DB from backup, all work fine.

Please help somebody !!!
I need revers zone for my network.

Hi,

Limit of serial number changes is known limitation of Plesk 8.6.0:
http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/Plesk8.6/plesk-8.6.0-for-rpm-based-os.html

You can try contacting [email protected] (or [email protected] or support team) to clarify why does this limit appear and if there is a way to override it.

As workaround you can manually edit reverse zone file for domain and add necessary records there and add records to database (make sure to backup both zone file and database before changes).

Another possible way is to add all necessary records at once using "--set" option of dns utility:
http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/Plesk8.6/Doc/en-US/plesk-8.6-unix-cli/37771.htm

I am getting this error: Error: domain::update() failed: Unable to update domain data: The limit on serial number changes was reached. No more DNS zone changes can be carried out today.
after an upgrade from 9.5 to 10.4.4 I get this message every time I try to make changes inside the customization tab of a domain that is attached to a service plan. How can i get rid of the error. I need the changes to take place as well

Back