• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

can't change file permissions :(

X

xiao-yu

Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem with changing file permissions (aka CHMOD) on files. I heard that you can't CHMOD (on FTP) if you're on a Windows server b/c CHMOD is only for Linux. Is this true? If so, is there a way for me to CHMOD files or folders on my Control Panel? I know that in the File Manager area, there's an image with a lock where you can set permissions on files and folders, but I don't know how that works. Is that a form of CHMODing? I don't know :( ... I have no clue and I'm stuck. :( I have a client account, btw..

Thank you in advance & for your time.

Regards,
Xiao-Yu

I am having the same issue. All my php files need admin password to be seen, eventhough i got the right permissions.

Any help?

CHMOD is for only linux file systems... cause ext2, ext3 etc.. file systems are work much different from ntfs file system... You can not chmod on a windows server or on your windows home pc..

i know but i must be able to change the file permissions with leechftp? and that option is greyed out... i cannot make the files writable (777)...

You cannot set file permissions with an ftp client on a windows box. You'll have to use a remote desktop and set the permissions by hand.

why? it always worked before plesk... its to much work if i have to set the file permissions for every client we have.

Are you sure, that your not thinking about a linux server?
I'm 99.999% sure, that there's no way you can change file permissions on a windows box remotely from a ftp client.

With Plesk for Windows, you can modify file permissions through its very own web-based File Manager.

Back