1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

can't change file permissions :(

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by xiao-yu, Apr 18, 2004.

1. xiao-yu

xiao-yu Guest

Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem with changing file permissions (aka CHMOD) on files. I heard that you can't CHMOD (on FTP) if you're on a Windows server b/c CHMOD is only for Linux. Is this true? If so, is there a way for me to CHMOD files or folders on my Control Panel? I know that in the File Manager area, there's an image with a lock where you can set permissions on files and folders, but I don't know how that works. Is that a form of CHMODing? I don't know :( ... I have no clue and I'm stuck. :( I have a client account, btw..

Thank you in advance & for your time.

Regards,
    Xiao-Yu

2. edgarruiz

edgarruiz Guest

I am having the same issue. All my php files need admin password to be seen, eventhough i got the right permissions.

Any help?

3. devian

devian Guest

got the same problem, any sugestion how to fix it?

4. LithiuM

LithiuM Guest

CHMOD is for only linux file systems... cause ext2, ext3 etc.. file systems are work much different from ntfs file system... You can not chmod on a windows server or on your windows home pc..

5. devian

devian Guest

i know but i must be able to change the file permissions with leechftp? and that option is greyed out... i cannot make the files writable (777)...

6. sebastian

sebastian Guest

You cannot set file permissions with an ftp client on a windows box. You'll have to use a remote desktop and set the permissions by hand.

7. devian

devian Guest

why? it always worked before plesk... its to much work if i have to set the file permissions for every client we have.

8. sebastian

sebastian Guest

Are you sure, that your not thinking about a linux server?
    I'm 99.999% sure, that there's no way you can change file permissions on a windows box remotely from a ftp client.

9. tdscom

tdscom Guest

With Plesk for Windows, you can modify file permissions through its very own web-based File Manager.