• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Can't connect after server reset - locked out via ftp

Brad Mehlenbacher

New Pleskian
Hey guys, so the company I'm doing work with runs a dedicated server. Earlier today we were getting internal error 500s - likely due to lack of space. We reset the server, but upon restarting the server gave the following error:

ERROR: Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

ERROR: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory' in /opt/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php:129 Stack trace: #0 /opt/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(129): PDO->__construct('mysql:dbname=ps...', 'admin', '$AES-128-CBC$Nk...', Array) #1 /opt/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(111): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->_connect() #2 /opt/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(460): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect() #3 /opt/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('select param, v...', Array) #4 /opt/psa/admin/plib/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(30): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('select param, v...', Array) #5 /opt/psa/admin/plib/db.php(36): Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query('select param, v...') #6 /opt/psa/admin/plib/db.php(212): db_query('select param, v...', false) #7 /opt/psa/admin/plib/Plesk/Mode.php(423): get_param('disable_provisi...') #8 /opt/psa/admin (Abstract.php:144)
Now please note that we were running very low on space before the reset - but now that we've reset I can't connect via the :8443 port at all, every time I try I get that error.

Any time I try to connect to the site itself I get:

Error establishing a database connection

I've tried connecting via FTP, but with my current login it isn't giving me permission, stating that I have to use my plex login. Any time I try to connect via my user login for plex, it does not connect.

Now I've got a few questions:

1) Has anybody ever had anything remotely similar to this happen to them? What did you do?
2) Does plex ftp connect differently to their hosted directory than the actual server itself would? Any reason why my plex login wouldnt work via ftp if it's stating in filezilla that I have to use that login? (Note that it says a different name than my actual login as permission, but similar)

Thank you for any help you guys may be able to provide, sincerely appreciate it!

Back