• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Can't connect to e-mail via mail client. (Cloudflare managed DNS)

Korkodilos_

New Pleskian
I'm moving most of my domains of from custom NS, to cloudflare. Mostly everything works fine but i'm having issues with the e-mails.
Using the latest version of Plesk Obsidian.
Everything seems to be working correctly, mail servers work via webmail or scripts, but no matter what I do, i can't login to the e-mail via a mail client like Thunderbird, outlook, android or anything.
When a domain is not handled by cloudflare, i CAN connect, so i guess I probably mess up something over there if you can assist me.

For example domain techup.gr
Autodiscover feature works correctly
Doing MX lookup at dnschecker.org, they point correctly on the server.
I've added the gray cloud.
SSL is enabled in the Mail Settings
Adding a screenshot of the dns settings.

Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any solutions?

Attachments

• dns-records.jpg
    dns-records.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 115
Solved by changing SMTP and IMAP server from techup.gr to mail.techup.gr .

So question changes now, is there a way to make it so autodiscover suggests those instead?

Hi, I have got the same issue, Could you explain deeply your solution please? Thanks
I think the solution was to change the SMTP and IMAP server settings on the mail client, like apple mail, from example.com to mail.example.com

This process worked for me but then the SSL certificates do not match. The email client expects example.com and sees mail.example.com instead. Setting a * catch-all SSL is a bit of a workaround and not optimal. Any more help would be appreciated.

Back