1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Can't create additional FTP accounts

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by PlymWS, Oct 20, 2006.

1. PlymWS

PlymWS Guest

I want to create several FTP accounts for one of my domains. The accounts would be locked into a single directory. I have tried all the help on the boards from here but it appears to be for older versions.

I am using Plesk 8.0.1 on Debian Sarge.

Can someone please explain how I would be able to do this, or at least lock the administrator account into one directory within httpdocs.

Finally, if anyone knows what SWSofts thinking was behind only allowing 2 FTP accounts, I would very much like to hear it becuase it makes no sense to me.

2. jwdick

jwdick Guest

I saved the following information from a previous thread. I have not used it myself but I'm told that it works:

3. PlymWS

PlymWS Guest

I tried that but the users get a 550 error and can't login.

I'm not sure if this is a Debian specific issue.

4. zero@

zero@ Guest

Works on Debian

I got it to work on Debian. Not sure what I did different, although the first time I accidentally used the userid of one of the web users, rather than the main account.