• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cant Create first admin account

M

MacDeath

I am setting up a new plesk install using debian 3.1. After install, I can log into the web interface and it asks me to define my admin account.

regardless of what I put for the admin email address I get this error.

dnsmng::restart() failed: dnsmng failed: dnsmng: Unable to define admin email
dnsmng: idn_toascii_safe(localhost..) failed: Invalid length

Please help.

I got the same problem. Could you resolve it? What was the solution?

sw-soft support is busy investigating. I will let you know any outcome. One thing I have discovered is that while it is modifying named.conf it adds a duplicate entry which prevents bind from starting correctly. It also fails to put in the correct acl's, so that even if you fix the duplicate entry, it ommits an acl line and this also causes bind to crash.

Thanks a lot. I observed the same with the bind service.
SWSoft should definetely resolve this!

I couldn't really resolve the problem but i could successfully work around it by using the shell command listed in some other posts:

./init_conf --update -company x -name x -phone 00 -fax 00 -addr x -city xxxxxx -state x -pcode 0 -country CH

(in my case init_conf is located under /usr/local/psa/bin)

After doing this you can log into Plesk without being asked for the administrators data. Even if you want to change the administrators data now you can do it safely in the web interface!
So the workaround really works well.

Back