• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Can't delete FTP user

cmaxwell

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

On Plesk 11.5.30 I just tried to delete an additional FTP user and got an error in the panel saying that the user could not be deleted as it's currently in use (don't recall the exact message).

The additional FTP user is now no longer listed in the panel, but the user account still exists in the /etc/passwd file.

When I use userdel to delete the user manually I get the following error:

Code:
userdel testuser
userdel: user testuser is currently used by process 11180

Checking what process 11180 is:

Code:
ps aux | grep 11180
fcl      11180 22.6  0.1 389932 114484 ?       S    13:37   0:02 /usr/bin/php-cgi -c /var/www/vhosts/system/domain.com/etc/php.ini

Any ideas how I can delete the user account?

Thanks for your reply, IgorG.

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the problem.

We are using Plesk 11.5 but the KB article is for Plesk 12.5. However, we ran the suggested steps but this didn't help:

Code:
mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` -Dpsa -e "delete from accounts where id=32"
mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` -Dpsa -e "delete from sys_users where login='testuser'"
mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` -Dpsa -e "select account_id from sys_users where login='testuser'"
userdel testuser
userdel: user testuser is currently used by process 8679

ps aux | grep 8679
fcl       8679  0.4  0.0 340072 40824 ?        S    19:27   0:00 /usr/bin/php-cgi -c /var/www/vhosts/system/domain.com/etc/php.ini

So the sub-user FTP account is still somehow attached to the php-cgi process above.

Any ideas?

Back