• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Can't enable TLSv1 and TLSv1.1 on Ubuntu 22.04

david.an

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.49 Update #2
Hello,
I'm currently trying to enable TLS1.0 and TLS1.1 on my linux server.
By default TLS1.2 and TLS1.3 are enabled and various online tools show that only those two are enabled.

I have tried to enable 1.0 and 1.1 via the Plesk overlays option "TLS versions and ciphers by Mozilla", setting that to preset "Old"
and by using SSH with the plesk bin server_pref utility, so:

Code:
plesk bin server_pref -u -ssl-protocols 'TLSv1 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2 TLSv1.3'

Both of those options unfortunately change nothing, even though using the
Code:
plesk sbin sslmng --show-config
it shows that TLS1 through 1.3 are enabled.
It just doesn't show it when checking it from the outside. (SSL Server Test (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs))
For anyone interested, the server is used to serve a webpage for a video game with a very old integrated-browser, which needs TLSv1 or TLSv1.1 to work.

Regards,
David

I'm currently trying to enable TLS1.0 and TLS1.1 on my linux server.
By default TLS1.2 and TLS1.3 are enabled and various online tools show that only those two are enabled.
~~~
What OS are you actually using? The thread title says Ubuntu 22.04 but your post begins with Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS. If you are using Ubuntu 22.04, then that will probably be your starting point, as with that OS release, Ubuntu effectively dropped support for anything prior to TLSv1.2 for valid security reasons, although that change had already started with Ubuntu 20.04... If you run some detailed searches, there's online posts, containing config mods and customization, where Ubuntu 20.04 / 22.04 users still (for their own specific reasons) need / want to support older TLS versions.

That too but usually that's only for things with the OS only but I haven't really looked into it. But the reason why I asked if they're using cloudflare or not is because the proxy settings on cloudflare could also not show correctly.

Did you get anywhere with this?

We're experiencing the same issue. Cannot enable TLS 1.1. Ubuntu 22.04 Plesk Obsidian v18.0.58
TIA
AJ

Back