• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't find Mailman list server

DennyP

Basic Pleskian
In Plesk 10.4.4 when I click on "Manage the List" on a mailing list I get "can't find the server at lists.mydomain.com". I am able to email to the list and have it distributed to the list participants.

I am actually trying to find where I can increase the email size limit. It appears to be set at 40k which isn't very large.

I got an email ...
As list administrator, your authorization is requested for the following mailing list posting:

List: [email protected]
Subject: Hello WWW's
Reason: Message body is too big: 43058 bytes with a limit of 40 KB

At your convenience, visit:

http://lists.dennyp.com/mailman/admindb/www2012w

to approve or deny the request.

When I click on the link to approve/deny I get "can't find the server at lists.dennyp.com".

I tried entering "mailman" into the Plesk Help Search field but it came back with no hits.

Any advice or suggestions?

I forgot to mention that if I do /etc/init.d/mailman/status the reply says mailman is running

Issue may be caused by invalid resolution of lists.dennyp.com hostname. Check it.

Run

# host lists.dennyp.com

and check that it is resolvable to correct IP address.

The reply to the above command is:
Host lists.dennyp.com not found: 3 (NXDOMAIN)

So what do I do next? My ISP supplied my server with Red Hat, Plesk, and other products pre-installed. They gave me no instructions on doing anything for mailman set up.

Thank you.

I tried "# /etc/init.d/mailman start" and got a message "Starting mailman". But the host command still comes back wth not found.

Back