• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Can't forward inline/reply certain emails from Roundcube webmail (i-frame issue)?

BernieG

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

For certain emails, I can't seem to reply/forward to within my Roundcube webmail; there is no errors in the sendmail.log and the only thing I can see is when I go to send the email I noticed the following in "Chrome > Inspect > Console" browser.

I do have "Web Application Firewall (WAP)" enabled in Plesk but when I go to check the "error log" file I don't see any issues. Also, when I check my maillog I don't seem to see any issues there either.

I did come across a post where it talked about X-Frames and it said that "x_frame_options" should NOT be set to "deny" and when I check my "defaults.inc.php" file I see the following listed "$config['x_frame_options'] = 'sameorigin';".

Is there anything else I can look at to try to fix this issue?

Thank you!

I did some more tests, and I notice the issue happens when I do "Forward inline" but when I do "Forward as attachment" it works properly; so I don't know why this doesn't work with "Forward inline" option?

Thank you!

I was able to fix this issue, this page helped me get on the right track. It seems like it was a WAF issue, and I had to add the ID 212880 to the "Switch off security rules" list in Plesk for WAF. I was able to find the ID of this ModSecurity within my /var/log/httpd/error_log file.

Last edited:
Back