• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't get Horde IMP spell checker to work

A

artm

IMP spell checker won't detect any errors.

I have checked that aspell is working at /usr/bin/aspell. It works OK on the command line and picks up errors on a test file. And I've followed SWSoft's instructions about adding the path to /etc/psa-horde/imp/conf.php and /etc/psa-horde/imp/conf.xml - but no success. I have tried re-starting Apache and Plesk - no effect.

In fact I've also tried to see if I can switch on the "trailer.txt" feature in those two conf files, but that has no effect either. So IMP does not seem to be "seeing" the changes to the conf files. What do I need to do to make them take effect?

Update Sept 20 2007
-------------------

Guess what?

SwSoft install Horde/IMP for you. And they install in it in a non-standard way. But then if it doesn't work their response is:

"We do not support Aspell and spellchecker in webmail.
Also we do not develop it and there are no Aspell packages in Plesk product."

Oh yeah? Then why in the SwSoft knowledgebase do they say:

"We recommend that you should use aspell, because it does a much better
job of suggesting possible spellings than just about any other
spell-checker available for the English language, including Ispell" http://kb.swsoft.com/en/1216

(Incidently, the problem is NOT with Aspell which is working just fine on my box).

I wonder what other products that Plesk manages for you would get the same "support" cop-out? Apache? Qmail? MySQL? AWStats? etc etc

:mad:

Back