• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Can't get let's encrypt working with the plesk login

Space Monkey

Basic Pleskian
Hi there.

I installed let's encrypt and did what it stated to secure the plesk login.

Certificate for securing Plesk Lets Encrypt certificate from server pool.

The browser still shows not secure but after verified by: it show's Let's Encrypt

The Plesk login structure is server.domain.com

What am I missing?

Have you setup an correct hostname for your system?

Try this:
Check your hostname at the system.
Login to plesk, check the domain-name of the certifikate that secures plesk

try to login with the domain from the certfikate:

plesk.example.com:8443

For more information, look here:
How to secure Plesk login page URL with SSL certificate
I guess it just wasn't propagated yet as it works fine now however in Server Settings under System Settings> Full hostname it says: localhost.localdomain I thought this was a default setting or something but it seems I need to change this?

Everything is working fine with it though.

You should change this to your hostname at the system.
You can visible your hostname while login to bash:
Code:
hostname

I have the same issue. Data in /etc/hostname und /etc/hosts is changed to server.mydomain.com

The settings in plesk are as follows:
Server Settings -> Full hostname -> server.mydomain.com
SSL/TLS Certificates -> Secure Plesk With a Let's Encrypt Certificate -> domain name -> server.mydomain.com
Certificate for securing Plesk - Lets Encrypt certificate from server pool
Certificate for securing mail - Lets Encrypt certificate from server pool

Error message from the browser: The certificate is only valid for vmi123.myhoster.net

I have no clue what to do. Has someone an idea?

Thank you! This is a useful link. I changed the certificate for securing mail to mydomain.com. Now it comes only a "Hostname Mismatch".

1. How can I configure this correct when I have multiple domains with multiple accounts?
2. When I do the same with the certificate for securing Plesk I still get an error message: security certificate is from vmi123.myhoster.net

The certificate must point on the hostname of the system, then it does not come to a hostname-missmatch. That's the purpose of a certficate, that it protects the mail server and the services.
Therefore, it must be issued to the host name of the system.

Let's Encrypt certificate with multiple domain names,
Let's Encrypt does allow to create certificates with up to 100 Domains included.

For this, you can use for example Certbot with the -d option to add each domain to the certificate.

For more information look here:
Host multiple domains with a single certificate

Back