1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

cant get to updates

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Amin Taheri, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

Hi,

i cant get to the updates anymore in plesk after upgrading from 9.x to 10.2 - it looks like it has changed ports to 8447.
    I modified APF to allow ingress and egress tcp/udp for this port but it still doesnt want to accept connections.

is there a service that needs to be running?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  2. ChristopherY

ChristopherY New Pleskian

55%
    I was having this same issue, but I was able to resolve it with the following:

When I originally checked the Server to see if the Update Service was listening:

netstat -anp |grep 8447

I got nothing. Then I used the command

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --service-mode=update --enable-xml-output

to try and get the Autoinstaller to run properly. With that command I received this result

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?><autoinstaller status="ok" error_message="Parallels Products Installer daemon launched."><data secret="***" /></autoinstaller>

Then I tried

netstat -anp |grep 8447

again, and get this result:

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:8447 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 18558/autoinstaller

Now, the Update button in Plesk Panel work. It opens a new window and show me the new Update Panel of Plesk.

I hope this helps you too.

Chris