• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Can't install CMS on Domain

daanse

Regular Pleskian
Hi,
i have tried to install Joomla on a normal Domain, but it wont work.
Instead i get a huge Error:

Code:
Fehler: Bei der Installation der Anwendung ist folgender Fehler aufgetreten:
Die Installation von joomla unter http://staging.mydomain.de/ ist fehlgeschlagen. Non-zero exit status returned by script. Output stream: 'PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get() on null in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.de/neuFolder/libraries/joomla/session/handler/joomla.php:71
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.de/neuFolder/libraries/joomla/session/session.php(648): JSessionHandlerJoomla->start()
#1 /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.de/neuFolder/libraries/joomla/session/session.php(608): JSession->_start()
#2 /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.de/neuFolder/libraries/joomla/session/session.php(486): JSession->start()
#3 /opt/psa/var/apspackages/apscatalogwCjSMO.zipad75d5d7-24c9-31/cache/scripts/bootstrap.php(168): JSession->get('user', NULL, 'default')
#4 /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.de/neuFolder/libraries/joomla/factory.php(236): JSessionAps->get('user')
#5 /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.de/neuFolder/libraries/cms/plugin/helper.php(293): JFactory::getUser()
#6 /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.de/neuFolder/libraries/cms/plugin/helper.php(163): JPluginHelper::load()
#7 /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.de/neuFolder/libraries/cms/installer/installer.php(502): JPluginHelper::importPl in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.de/neuFolder/libraries/joomla/session/handler/joomla.php on line 71
'. Error stream: 'PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get() on null in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.de/neuFolder/libraries/joomla/session/handler/joomla.php:71
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.de/neuFolder/libraries/joomla/session/session.php(648): JSessionHandlerJoomla->start()
#1 /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.de/neuFolder/libraries/joomla/session/session.php(608): JSession->_start()
#2 /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.de/neuFolder/libraries/joomla/session/session.php(486): JSession->start()
#3 /opt/psa/var/apspackages/apscatalogwCjSMO.zipad75d5d7-24c9-31/cache/scripts/bootstrap.php(168): JSession->get('user', NULL, 'default')
#4 /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.de/neuFolder/libraries/joomla/factory.php(236): JSessionAps->get('user')
#5 /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.de/neuFolder/libraries/cms/plugin/helper.php(293): JFactory::getUser()
#6 /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.de/neuFolder/libraries/cms/plugin/helper.php(163): JPluginHelper::load()
#7 /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.de/neuFolder/libraries/cms/installer/installer.php(502): JPluginHelper::importPl in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.de/neuFolder/libraries/joomla/session/handler/joomla.php on line 71
'.

I checked Folder permissions, nothing.
I have Plesk Onyx 17.0.x
Debian 8.7

Does anyone has an Idea?

We are seeing the same on the latest Joomla-Version on one of our servers. We've solved this by installing the previous Joomla version 3.5.6 and then running the upgrade from the Plesk panel on that version to the latest 3.5.7.

As we have not seen it on a test server I thought it is a bug on a single server, but obviously it is a bug in the latest Joomla installation library. Could you please report back if the workround of first installing 3.5.6 and then upgrading works for you?

@Peter Debik ,

thank you, last Version worked. But at the End i choosed to install Joomla manually again, for better handling with moving it to another Domain :)
Yesterday i thought, i could quickly setup a staging site for testing....

Best Regards

Hi,
I had the same problem with version 3.7. Workaround of installing first 3.6.5 and then upgrading from CPanel worked.

We are seeing the same on the latest Joomla-Version on one of our servers. We've solved this by installing the previous Joomla version 3.5.6 and then running the upgrade from the Plesk panel on that version to the latest 3.5.7.

As we have not seen it on a test server I thought it is a bug on a single server, but obviously it is a bug in the latest Joomla installation library. Could you please report back if the workround of first installing 3.5.6 and then upgrading works for you?

Back