• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

can't install

I

ICTTrend

i start setup (plesk6.5.1_build040120.16_Win200x.exe)

It install's everything, but at the end he'r rolling back everything and i get the next error:

The application has failed to start because msvcp71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem.

i tried it 4 time's but still nothing

I did a search to msvcp71.dll while i was installing PLESK and then he found it in windows/system32/ but when he's rolling back everything, the file is gone.

so i copied the file to the desktop
canceled the setup
copied the file to windows/system32/ and started the setup again, but still nothing.

any idea's?

(Windows 2003 Server)

VIRGIN / BARE METAL / CLEAN INSTALL REQUIRED

You gotta start with a CLEAN install. From scratch -- no fancy business.

Install OS and drivers.
Patch Patch Patch (windowsupdate.microsoft.com).
Then install Plesk.

Note that many of us are experiencing problems with FrontPage hosting and Plesk on Windows 2003 and IIS 6.0 so that will be the next issue you'll run into with the current release of Plesk.

Now let's be a little nice.

This is version 6.5.1 and apparently they are new to programming in the closed source environment of Microsoft Windows.

Remember, it's Microsoft's way or NO way.

Once you figure out their API, it will be changed.

Embrace, Extend, Extinguish -- the Microsoft way.

Since when have you ever worried that your perl/python/php script will break and you won't be able to fix it (*restrictions do apply)?

Originally posted by ICTTrend
i start setup (plesk6.5.1_build040120.16_Win200x.exe)

It install's everything, but at the end he'r rolling back everything and i get the next error:

The application has failed to start because msvcp71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem.

i tried it 4 time's but still nothing

I did a search to msvcp71.dll while i was installing PLESK and then he found it in windows/system32/ but when he's rolling back everything, the file is gone.

so i copied the file to the desktop
canceled the setup
copied the file to windows/system32/ and started the setup again, but still nothing.

any idea's?

(Windows 2003 Server)

Please contact Plesk support, but we need installation log. To get it try to run plesk6.5.1_build040120.16_Win200x.exe /l*v install.log

i reinstalled windows 2003 and now its working fine

but i forgot to install ASP (ASP.NET is working)

can i simply install / add ASP? or does i need to reinstall plesk?

Thnanks

Back