• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Cant login into mail

S

silebis

nobody Cant login into mail

After upgrade from 8.6 to 9 nobody cant login into mailbox.

mchk:
admin:~# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam
==> Checking for: mail_spam_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mailsrv_conf_init... ok
==> Checking for: mail_mailbox_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mailsrv_entities_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mail_auth_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mailman_lists_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mail_responder_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_drweb_restore... not exsists
==> Checking for: mail_kav_restore... not exsists
==> Checking for: mail_spf_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_dk_restore... ok

result of mail_auth_view are fine. I see mailusers and their passwords.

In logs are admin pop3d LOGIN FAILED ip[xx] rows only

anyone with some advice?

I don't know if this will help you or not but I had exactly the same problem and the fix I found was to use the command line autoinstaller to install the new Postfix MTA which removed (and migrated over all mail from) qmail. I then went back in and performed the opposite - installed qmail which removed Postfix. Mail is now working perfectly.

I don't know if this will help you or not but I had exactly the same problem and the fix I found was to use the command line autoinstaller to install the new Postfix MTA which removed (and migrated over all mail from) qmail. I then went back in and performed the opposite - installed qmail which removed Postfix. Mail is now working perfectly.

Interesting, but i another found solution. After upgrade plesk in files etc/courier-imap/ are missing row:
AUTHMODULES="authpsa" - in some authomodules exist, but without value.
MAILPASSWD="/var/qmail/users/poppasswd"

But now, all incoming mails are rejected
Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 5.7.1 <xyz>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in valid users table (in reply to RCPT TO command) (state 14).

Any suggestion how solve this?

Hups, i try install postfix,but only what i get is /opt/psa/admin/bin/mailmng: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_program_options-gcc41-1_34_1.so.1.34.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Is any way how install this for debian 4? I cant find deb package for install.

Interesting, but i another found solution. After upgrade plesk in files etc/courier-imap/ are missing row:
AUTHMODULES="authpsa" - in some authomodules exist, but without value.
MAILPASSWD="/var/qmail/users/poppasswd"

But now, all incoming mails are rejected
Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 5.7.1 <xyz>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in valid users table (in reply to RCPT TO command) (state 14).

Any suggestion how solve this?

I spoke too soon - mail is flowing (and authenticating) but I have no subject headers and everything else is scrambled beyond recognition. I'm switching back to POSTFIX to see if that fixes the headers issue.

As to yours - I grepped the items you were searching for in the folder you specified - the poppasswd file doesn't seem to exist on my system though it is referred to in the courier-imap folder.

I'm really wishing I'd left well enough alone on my server - this upgrade has been a nightmare.

I spoke too soon - mail is flowing (and authenticating) but I have no subject headers and everything else is scrambled beyond recognition. I'm switching back to POSTFIX to see if that fixes the headers issue.

As to yours - I grepped the items you were searching for in the folder you specified - the poppasswd file doesn't seem to exist on my system though it is referred to in the courier-imap folder.

I'm really wishing I'd left well enough alone on my server - this upgrade has been a nightmare.

I agree, it was realy hell.

I hade problem with mail headers too. See http://kb.odin.com/en/5847 to fix that.

I spoke too soon - mail is flowing (and authenticating) but I have no subject headers and everything else is scrambled beyond recognition.

If you have antivirus or anything else on the system you need to remove it. The qmail-queue from those programs will screw it up with the upgrade.

Back