• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't login to Plesk after update to 8.4

W

wintech2003@

Hello,

After updating to Plesk 8.4 I get the attached error after putting my login details at the login prompt.

I had a working 8.3 installation and I used the Updater to update to 8.4.
Base packages and generally everything installed fine, and I managed to login once into the control panel. When I checked the Updater I saw that the app-vault packages where not updated, and when I tried to reinstall them I got a failure report.
After that I tried again several times to install the packages, and suddenly I'm unable to login into my Plesk Control Panel.
I have also attached the autoupdater reports. Plesk-1 is a success report, and Plesk-2a & Plesk 2b are failure reports (it's actually one report but because of the filesize limit of the forum, I had to split it into two files).

Can anyone help me please? :(

Attachments

• plesk-error.jpg
    plesk-error.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 52
  • plesk-1.txt
    22.3 KB · Views: 41
  • plesk-2a.txt
    79.3 KB · Views: 36
  • plesk-2b.txt
    86 KB · Views: 37
Judging by attached autoinstaller logs, upgrade has been completed fine. However, session cannot be initialized. Check if table psa.sessions exists and has proper structure:

CREATE TABLE `sessions` (
`sess_id` varchar(33) character set ascii collate ascii_bin NOT NULL default '',
`type` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`login` varchar(255) character set utf8 NOT NULL default '',
`ip_address` varchar(15) character set ascii NOT NULL default '',
`login_time` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
`click_time` timestamp NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP on update CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
PRIMARY KEY (`sess_id`)
);

Also, the problem might be caused by inability for user 'psaadm' to write into directory /usr/local/psa/admin/sessions

Good luck.

I have the same issue after the upgrade to 8.4

Could you please detail the proposed solution further?

BTW, the sessions directory is writable and I also tried rebooting.

[SOLVED] Freeing space on disk solved the problem. I had selected appvault during the upgrade, and that really takes lots of disk space.

Back