• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Can't login to plesk panel after updating from 12.0 to onyx

iamshivam

New Pleskian
i updated my plesk from 12 to 17 http://i.imgur.com/GOuBwzk.jpg
but my login url to plesk isn't working now.. i have access to ssh and my site is running too
please help me resolve this problem i'm attaching the installation log before the patches were installed i was able to use :8447 too for a while but i guess it timed out afterwards

Attachments

• stcss1.txt
    85.2 KB · Views: 3
Some problems are found during reload service sw-cp-server(see log file: /var/log/plesk/rc_actions.log)

Continue...

ERROR:failed to configure sw-cp-server service: Command '['/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pleskrc', 'sw-cp-server', 'reload']' returned non-zero exit status 6

Something wrong with sw-cp-server. For some reasons it can't be started. Have you tried to find more details in /var/log/plesk/rc_actions.log ?

Thanks for your reply IgorG
Here is the rc_actions.log please take a look at it, i'm sorry i don't really have much knowledge in plesk so don't know what to look for in it

Attachments

• rc_actions.log
    41.6 KB · Views: 9
Try to restart sw-cp-server with

# systemctl restart sw-cp-server

and find related errors in log file /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log

I'm not sure but i suppose i wrote that command right (i also tried without # but it said command nt found also tried in execute remote command)
i'm attaching the error_log it didn't have an extension so i added .txt to upload it here

Last edited:
Hi iamshivam,

if someone suggest a command for your command line and starts with "# COMMAND_TO_BE_EXCUTED", then this should only point out, that you have to enter something at your command line... back to @IgorG 's suggestion, the command is ( logged in as user "root" over SSH ):
Code:
systemctl restart sw-cp-server

OR

service sw-cp-server restart

If you are still not able to perform the suggested command, pls. consider NOT to copy&paste from the forum, but instead pls. consider to TYPE the suggested command, to avoid issues/errors/problem with ( unvisible ) HTML - formats, when you copy things from a website.
If you insist of using copy&paste, pls. copy the command FIRST into a TXT - editor ( as for example "notepad.exe" on Windows operating systems ) and copy the suggested command again from there and only then paste it onto your command line. ;)

Sorry I'm new to all this so didn't know
Thanks for your help though
Unfortunately this is what i get in terminal ( I typed it)

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.jpg
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 6
Hi iamshivam,

pls use the command:
Code:
find /etc/sw-cp-server -type f -name "*.conf" -exec grep --color -Hni "ssl_ciphers" {} \;
... to point you directly to the two "ssl_ciphers" - definitions within the sw-cp-server - configuration and consider to delete, or comment out one of them. ;)

Hi iamshivam,

you are save by leaving the attachments where they are, because bots can't download attachments. ;)

Back