1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Can't remove a subscription from a subscriber

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Nonapeptide, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Nonapeptide

Nonapeptide New Pleskian

60%
    I'm running Plesk 10.3 on CentOS 5.8. I have a subscriber that has three subscriptions associated with their account. Each subscription has one domain associated with it. The subscriber wants to remove one of the domains from their account, so I tried to remove the subscription from their account in Plesk Panel. I simply went to Hosting Services >> Subscriptions and selected the subscription's check box. From there, I clicked "remove" and waited. After a while, I see "Internal error." in red above the list of subscriptions.

I logged into the server as root via SSH and ran /usr/local/psa/bin/subscription --remove-subscription domain.com and receieved the error: "There is no such a service plan"

How can I remove this subscription? How can I remove the domain and its associated files? Ultimately, my goal is to remove the domain and its files from the server.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. Nonapeptide

Nonapeptide New Pleskian

60%
    It should be noted that /usr/local/psa/bin/subscription --info domain.com will return all of the info for the domain / subscription. So it appears to be "there." All the files are on the file system. It's just that the remove command doesn't seem to be working.

3. Nonapeptide

Nonapeptide New Pleskian

60%
    Okay, first, it should be noted that the switches --remove-subscription and -r (aka --remove) do different things. That was part of my confusion. Here is the documentation for both commands. Notice the subtle differences:

Really, --remove is what I wanted. However, now when running that command, I encounter this error:

The log entries written when I perform a --remove operation are:

So now the problem is that there is no handler type for "10-spam-ha1klu" and/or the handler for a mailname associated with the domain can't be deleted. Not sure how to proceed with this. Any tips?

4. Nonapeptide

Nonapeptide New Pleskian

60%
    I tried to remove the mail address specifically with /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/mail.php --remove support@domain.com and I got this error:

I checked /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log:

and I also saw this:

I'm getting the haunted feeling that mail handlers are borked. I looked at this KB article and searched for corrupted handlers. None were found, however I disabled the mail service, ran /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam and restarted mail.

I see the same handler errors in /var/log/messages and I still get the same error when I try to remove the domain with /usr/local/psa/bin/subscription -r domain.com:

Seemingly running out of options.

5. Nonapeptide

Nonapeptide New Pleskian

60%
    It appears that I've managed to get things to work. Part of the problem was my own over-cautious nature. When I ran the command to find corrupt headers nothing came back. However, as we all know now, the error logs were complaining about the 10-spam-ha1klu handler.

I merely moved the 10-spam-ha1klu folder, turned off the mail service, used mchk --with-spam, turned the service back on and then gave the domain removal one last try.

...and waited. It took a few minutes, but finally the domain was removed! So far, no errors or quirks seem to exist.

6. Faris Raouf

Faris Raouf Silver Pleskian Plesk Guru

30%
    Excellent detective work. Thanks for posting the solution. It should come in handy for others at some point.

7. skb1963

skb1963 New Pleskian

35%
    How do you remove the subscription from 11.x if it is a failed subscription. I tried all of the suggestions in this thread, but it says that domain name does not exist or does not belong to any customer.