• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't remove or clear mail from mail queue in panel

Dean_Collins

New Pleskian
Version 12.0.18. Using QMail.

If I attempt to remove even a small message from the mail queue, using the panel interface, the screen grays slightly but nothing happens. If I refresh the screen after several minutes, I'll sometimes get the following message:

"This operation is taking too long. Check the results in a few minutes."

Switching to Postfix eliminated the problem. But with Postfix, all of my Mailman lists (scores of them) broke, so I had to switch back -- and the problem reappeared.

I'm not sure what I'd look for. The mail doesn't get stuck in the queue. It moves in and out in what appears to be a normal rate. No trouble at all sending and receiving mail.

Additional info if applicable: This wasn't an upgrade. It was a recent migration from a server with 10.4 to a new server with 12.0. Everything else is working.

I had the exact same issue myself, with qmail on Plesk 12.x and CentOS 7.

Turns out /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mailqueuemng used the old way of starting and stopping qmail, by using the /etc/init.d/qmail script. However, this script does not exist anymore because of systemd.

So I made a backup of the mailqueuemng script and replaced this code block (lines 34-36)

Code:
# While this is if you have a Debian GNU/Linux with its qmail package
my ($stopqmail)  = '/etc/init.d/qmail stop > /dev/null';
my ($startqmail) = '/etc/init.d/qmail start > /dev/null';

with

Code:
# While this is if you have a Debian GNU/Linux with its qmail package
#my ($stopqmail)  = '/etc/init.d/qmail stop > /dev/null';
#my ($startqmail) = '/etc/init.d/qmail start > /dev/null';

# If you can control qmail through service, use this
my ($stopqmail)  = '/sbin/service qmail stop > /dev/null';
my ($startqmail) = '/sbin/service qmail start > /dev/null';

(I left the old code in, just commented it out.)

Pretty sloppy of the Plesk developers to not have caught this during testing. Even sloppier that /sbin/service was not used, even though it's been around for about 8 years and has been the recommended way of starting and stopping services ever since.

Today I updated Qmail through Plesk and sure enough, the bug still exists in the script. I'll see if I can contact the company.

Back