• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Can't renew Plesk panel SSL cert

tdukoo

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have an issue with my Plesk Obsidian server, I am accessing the panel using my dedicated server URL (srv01.example.com) for which Plesk panel generated a let's encrypt certificate.

Now that the let's encrypt cert is about to expire it seems it can't renew it and I suspect this is because the .well-known directory is not accessible over HTTP but forced to HTTPS with a self-signed certificate thus making the renewal fail. Does anyone have an idea what to do to fix the SSL cert renewal process? This domain is not in my domain list as it only used to access the panel thus it seems I have no way of disabling forced SSL..

Thanks for your help.

Well I ended up solving this myself, I selected the let's encrypt cert in Tools & Settings > SSL/TLS Certs and I used the "make default" button. I guess this configured the correct cert for the .well-know folder and the renewal worked.

Back