• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cant resolve www

StianB

New Pleskian
Hello All!

Im pretty sure this isnt a plesk issue, but:
I have a problem, i have tried your quick install for plesk 10 - centos 6 both 32bit and 64bit(OVH Service), but when i add a domain, im not able to resolve WWW. - only the domain, like this:
http://youre.mobi - works fine, but:
http://www.youre.mobi doesnt work. Just a clean stock install. This worked as it should yesterday, but doesnt today and im wondering why. No results pinging www.youre.mobi either, but youre.mobi responds.

Contacted OVH Support yesterday, but their support speed is pretty slowmotion.

DNS Records:

Host Record type Value
*.webmail.youre.mobi. CNAME youre.mobi.
178.33.232.233 / 24 PTR youre.mobi.
ftp.youre.mobi. CNAME youre.mobi.
imap.youre.mobi. A 178.33.232.233
mail.youre.mobi. A 178.33.232.233
ns.youre.mobi. A 178.33.232.233
pop.youre.mobi. A 178.33.232.233
pop3.youre.mobi. A 178.33.232.233
smtp.youre.mobi. A 178.33.232.233
webmail.youre.mobi. A 178.33.232.233
youre.mobi. NS sdns1.ovh.net.
youre.mobi. NS ns231673.ovh.net.
youre.mobi. A 178.33.232.233
youre.mobi. MX (10) mail.youre.mobi.
youre.mobi. TXT v=spf1 +a +mx -all

Have no messages of errors from plesk..

As far as I remember there are a bunch of KB articles regarding www prefix. Did you try to search it?

Your DNS zone not correct

added www cname entry in domain dns zone also add the same record on server dns template.

What aashua says is correct. You have no www CNAME (or alternatively an A record).

I also note that you don't have correct nameserver settings, only the default ns.

Basically, if you want your Plesk box to act as a namserver, you would create two nameserver host records via your registrar, pointing to the IP(s) of your plesk box. e.g. ns1.your-hosting-domain.tld and ns2.your-hosting-domain.tld. Note that this is nothing to do with creating or changing DNS records in any DNS settings options that your registrar may offer. Creating Namserver host records (or creating namservers or whatever your registrar may call it) is usually to be found in a separate section in your registrar's control panel to the normal DNS control section.

You would also then want to create two similar A records in your-hosting-domain.tld's DNS settings.

And then you should add two NS records pointing to ns1.your-hosting-domain.tld and ns2.your-hosting-domain.tld in your Plesk DNS *template* so that they are added automatically each time you create a new hosting account (and remove the default ns. template entry).

Thirdly, you then change the namservers associated with the domain you want to host in plesk to ns1.your-hosting-domain.tld and ns2.your-hosting-domain.tld

Back