• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Can't see the button for password protected directories

digiteam

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
can't find
Plesk version and microupdate number
can't find
Hi,

I have 2 staging websites under the same IP login address on Plesk - login credentials are different. With one of them I was able to view the password protected directories button and created "/" as protected. Want to do the same for the other website but the options are way less and can't see/find password protected directories button at all - see screenshot. Did a google search but can't seem to figure it out. When ssh in and go one directory up, I can see that both websites are in the same directory so maybe I can only use one of them to set passwords but I need to go a directory up("../") and it doesn't let me set the password protected directory with "../" - obviously :)

Any help much appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 8.25.18 am.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 8.25.18 am.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 3
The feature set can depend on the user with which you are logged in. Are you logged in with your subscription user account?

Yes, I am. I assumed both sites/logins would have the same permissions but do you think it could be the reason?

What do you mean by "both logins"? You'll need to be logged in with your subscription user account in order to have the full feature set in your webspace control panel. When you are logged in with another role, features are limited to whatever role that is and what is defined as available features for that role.

Back