• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Can't seem to prevent autoupdate

detlefs

New Pleskian
Hi there,

it seems that for some reasons I could't follow up yet, the latest Plesk 12.5.30 Update 54 makes my MediaWiki installation unusable. So, I restored a previous backup of my server and disabled AutoUpdate (I thought). Under Update and Upgrade Settings, I set Notify me about available updates but do not automatically install them.
However, despite this setting, I today found Plesk has itself updated to 12.5.30 Update 54 (and again broke my MediaWiki).

Please help me with the question: How can I completely disable updates Plesk updates?

Of course this will not be permanent, as I want to fix the MediaWiki problem. However, until I get time for this, I can't have Plesk turn my Wiki unusable...

Hi,

I used this and even additionally -autoupdates-third-party false, -autoupgrade-stable false.
Still, my Plex again updated itself from Update 53 to Update 54

What else can I do?

I just reset from previous backup again, and again tried the server_pref commands. I also found by checking ./server_pref -show, that these autoupdate options are not listed...

root@h2611182:/usr/local/psa/bin# ./server_pref --show
include-logs: true
include-remote-databases: true
include-mailboxes: true
include-webapps: true
include-maillists: true
include-domaindumps: true
include-admindumps: true
stat-keep: 24
force-db-prefix: false
force-db-user-prefix: false
restart-apache: 0
disable-updater: false
forbid-ftp-user-rename: false
forbid-subscription-rename: false
include-databases: true
count-type: block
crontab-secure-shell-compatibility-mode: true
ssl-protocols: TLSv1 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2
ssl-ciphers: HIGH:!aNULL:!MD5
low-priority: false
do-not-compress: false
allow-local-ftp-backup: false
max-backup-files: -1
keep-local-backup: true
max-backup-processes: 10

Instead I found this -disable-updater and now set it to true.
I'll update this thread once I know if it helps...

Unbelievable: 12.5.30 Update #54, zuletzt aktualisiert: 9. Dez. 2016 04:23:15

Plesk updated itself again today, (and again my mediawiki isn't working anymore)

Any idea anyone, how I can prevent Plesk from updating itself with this broken update???

Hi detlefs,

did you consider to use the "Plesk repair utility", which is able to repair quite a lot of issues on your server?

Plesk Repair Utility ( Plesk 12.5 online documentation )

In your case, I would start with the DB - repair first, because there seem to be some database inconsistencies.

plesk repair db -y -v
If this didn't already helped, you might consider to use the "all" - option:

plesk repair all -y -v

Pls. note, that you always have the option to run a "diagnostic mode" first, which only informs you about the ( possible ) detected issues. The option "-n" will be used instead, for the diagnostic mode:

Examples:

plesk repair db -n -v
plesk repair all -n -v

I run the repair all, and it didn't find anything except a few warnings about suspicious rights for a few files.
I also verified the disable-updater: false was set again.
Still, Plesk once more did it's autoupdate.

Is that a known bug?

Back