• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't set permissions for IUSR with Filemanager

GlennT

Basic Pleskian
I'm using Plesk 9.5 and I cannot change IUSR permissions using Plesk's built in filemanager. I select IUSR_client and add write permissions to a folder or file and click OK. Plesk tells me permissions have been successfully changed but when I return to double check the changes aren't there or have been applied.

I've been doing it manually for clients but this is a real problem and I'm hoping someone knows how to fix this.

Thanks for your help.
G.

Could you please provide more details how it can be reproduced? Where is this directory located?

This problem happens if I try to change IUSR_xxxx permissions on any folder or file inside the httpdocs folder using the control panel file manager. It doesn't matter what domain I'm working in. I make the change but the change doesn't stick.

Hope that info helps. There's not any more to it than that.

Try to remove .Security file from domain's vhost root directory and reproduce this problem again. (File will be recreated automatically).

Ok. I have submitted request to developers and I will update thread with results of investigation as soon as I receive it.

Facing the same problem after migrating data from 32BIT to 64Bit Plesk 9.5.2.

The IIS is looking for some non existent web.config file which is not present in the /HTTPDOCS folder. I have tried removing the domain reconfiguring it but nothing works.

Seems to be a bug in plesk control panel.
Anybody has had any luck resolving this issue?

Hello,

You can change the permissions from web directories option.

Back