1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Can't submit forms (yes, I've read the other 100 threads)

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by rolo@, Jan 3, 2006.

1. rolo@

rolo@ Basic Pleskian

57%
    For some reason I recently stopped being able to submit forms in Plesk 7.5.4 (Fedora Core 2)

I've tried using the following browsers (all under WinXP SP2):

IE 6.0
    FireFox 1.0.7
    FireFox 1.5 (final)
    Netscape 8.0.4
    Opera 8.51

I've actually set up a virtual machine with VMWare with a clean install and tried again from there. Didn't work, so I installed all the above mentioned browsers in the virtual machine too with identical results.

Basically without being able to submit forms, Plesk is useless to me. I mean, I can always use the commandline interface -which is handy, but a royal pain- but the other clients can't and it's driving me nuts.

The only thing I upgraded is the PHP version via yum using ART's repository. I'm currently using version 4.4.1 but if I'm not mistaken, Plesk uses another Apache/PHP install apart from what the domains use. Aside from that, this is a clean, 2 week old Plesk 7.5.4 install with barely 10 domains.

Any help is HIGHLY appreciated!

Thanks,
    Rolo

2. Gorgon@

Gorgon@ Guest

Do you get any errors in the apache logs when trying to submit? Are you sure the scripts are in UNIX text format and not DOS text format?

M

3. rolo@

rolo@ Basic Pleskian

57%
    Gorgon, it's not the forms in MY scripts that are not submitting but the Plesk interface itself!
    I can't change a single thing! I can't set up new domains or clients or anything!

4. Gorgon@

Gorgon@ Guest

Ahhh. Well there should still be logs in /usr/local/psa/admin/logs. They might help.

M

5. rolo@

rolo@ Basic Pleskian

57%
    Nothing out of the ordinary in the logs either but I definitely found out that there is something weird with my internet conection. If I access Plesk from my studio's G5 (same ISP but different location) I don't get a single error.

The problem lies in my conection. I'm ruling out my computer since I installed a virtual machine and the problem persists... or maybe some service in the host computer is screwed up...

I guess I'll never know till I format and reinstall... I'm SO FU*&@#G HAPPY right now.

6. Gorgon@

Gorgon@ Guest

MTU settings can do weird things. Just setting your MTU to like 1400 and see if that helps. You never know. :)

M

7. rolo@

rolo@ Basic Pleskian

57%
    Hey Gorgon thanks for your help... unfortunately there seems to be nothing I can do but try and reinstall.

I just tried TCPOptimizer from http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php and it "supposedly" set my MTU and other settings to the correct values. I tried manually tweaking a few things here and there but kept having the same results.

I've also tried the Windows System File Checker (sfc /scannow) and it reported no errors whatsoever.

I'm at a loss here...