• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't submit forms (yes, I've read the other 100 threads)

rolo@

Basic Pleskian
For some reason I recently stopped being able to submit forms in Plesk 7.5.4 (Fedora Core 2)

I've tried using the following browsers (all under WinXP SP2):

IE 6.0
FireFox 1.0.7
FireFox 1.5 (final)
Netscape 8.0.4
Opera 8.51

I've actually set up a virtual machine with VMWare with a clean install and tried again from there. Didn't work, so I installed all the above mentioned browsers in the virtual machine too with identical results.

Basically without being able to submit forms, Plesk is useless to me. I mean, I can always use the commandline interface -which is handy, but a royal pain- but the other clients can't and it's driving me nuts.

The only thing I upgraded is the PHP version via yum using ART's repository. I'm currently using version 4.4.1 but if I'm not mistaken, Plesk uses another Apache/PHP install apart from what the domains use. Aside from that, this is a clean, 2 week old Plesk 7.5.4 install with barely 10 domains.

Any help is HIGHLY appreciated!

Thanks,
Rolo

Do you get any errors in the apache logs when trying to submit? Are you sure the scripts are in UNIX text format and not DOS text format?

M

Gorgon, it's not the forms in MY scripts that are not submitting but the Plesk interface itself!
I can't change a single thing! I can't set up new domains or clients or anything!

Ahhh. Well there should still be logs in /usr/local/psa/admin/logs. They might help.

M

Nothing out of the ordinary in the logs either but I definitely found out that there is something weird with my internet conection. If I access Plesk from my studio's G5 (same ISP but different location) I don't get a single error.

The problem lies in my conection. I'm ruling out my computer since I installed a virtual machine and the problem persists... or maybe some service in the host computer is screwed up...

I guess I'll never know till I format and reinstall... I'm SO FU*&@#G HAPPY right now.

MTU settings can do weird things. Just setting your MTU to like 1400 and see if that helps. You never know. :)

M

Hey Gorgon thanks for your help... unfortunately there seems to be nothing I can do but try and reinstall.

I just tried TCPOptimizer from http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php and it "supposedly" set my MTU and other settings to the correct values. I tried manually tweaking a few things here and there but kept having the same results.

I've also tried the Windows System File Checker (sfc /scannow) and it reported no errors whatsoever.

I'm at a loss here...

Back