• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't turn spamassassin on

K

kerm1t

If I attempt to turn SA on for a mail account, it appears to work (I get the message '... has successfully been enabled for this account'), but when I go back to the list of mail accounts on that domain, it isn't showing as set.

If I look at the user's .qmail file, it doesn't contain the call to spamc, and any mail coming in to the account doesn't have SA headers in it. So I'm pretty sure SA isn't being turned on for the account (as oppose to it being turned on, but Plesk not reporting it as enabled).

I've tried using spamassassin.sh to manually enable it. Again, it claims sucess, but when I view the user's spam settings (with the -i switch), it still shows as disabled.

I've checked the permissions on /var/qmail/mailnames and its subdirectories: all the files belong to the popuser user and group, and are rwx for this user.

Any thoughts? It's a fresh Plesk installation (on CentOS if it matters)

Please, run /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk utility to get mail settings configured through Plesk CP synchronized with SA and Qmail.

After that try enabling spam filter for mail account one more time.

Back