• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue spamassassin per-user configuration

tkalfaoglu

Silver Pleskian
Server operating system version
Rocky Linux 8.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian latest
Hello everyone!
Some (strange) user wanted to get all his junk mail delivered. I checked and he already disabled his Spam Filter setting in his mail settings.
I checked the disk and this is what I found at /var/qmail/mailnames/domain/user/.spamassassin/user_prefs file:

#ATTENTION!
#
#DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE BECAUSE IT WAS GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY,
#SO ALL YOUR CHANGES WILL BE LOST THE NEXT TIME THE FILE IS GENERATED.
required_score 7.0
rewrite_header subject
Shouldn't this file reflect that SA is disabled for this user? I changed the required_score to something very high so his mail wouldn't get filtered. but perhaps this should be done automatically when the user disables his/her spam protection settings?

If SpamAssassin is disabled for an account, the configuration file has no effect. You can check your /var/log/maillog for incoming mails for that address. SpamAssassin should not show up in that sequence.

many thanks. I thought the config file would "automagically" be used by spamassassin as long as "per user" parameter was specified when launching spamd.

If SpamAssassin is disabled for an account, the configuration file has no effect. You can check your /var/log/maillog for incoming mails for that address. SpamAssassin should not show up in that sequence.

Hi, wouldn't the SpamAssassin server-wide rules (if active) apply to that user also? Even if the individual user_prefs do not?

Back