• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Can't update/change PHP version

MrDeePee

New Pleskian
Hello, I have a client who wants to update their php version in Wordpress. Currently it's at 5.4.45. and wanna upgrade it to 5.6.20 or higher than that. However I looked around tutorials or instruction on how to use plesk and I went to website & domains > PHP Settings and from there I'm suppose to click on a dropdown menu to change versions but I don't see any dropdown menu or anything to change versions. See screenshot link.
Screenshot

I thought it's was just the problem with the permissions so I checked the users page and I only see 2 users and I'm currently using the one with all of the permissions granted. So I am really confused right now. Any help/suggestions is much appreciated.

On a side note,
Also from the looks of it, I wasn't sure at first if I'm even using plesk but the UI and Design is very similar to it. But my guess is my website is hosted by ISOMEDIA or not sure what that means. Here's what it looks like.
Screenshot

Yes, it looks like Plesk, but I think that problem in that you logged in not as Plesk admin. Also, make sure that the needed PHP version is really installed on your Plesk server - Login as admin, then go to Tools&Settings -> Updates -> Add/Remove Components -> Wen Hosting -> PHP interpreter versions

Yes, it looks like Plesk, but I think that problem in that you logged in not as Plesk admin. Also, make sure that the needed PHP version is really installed on your Plesk server - Login as admin, then go to Tools&Settings -> Updates -> Add/Remove Components -> Wen Hosting -> PHP interpreter versions

I'm sorry but is there a difference between being the owner and an admin? Like maybe the host provider has a different logins than mine? I seem to have all of the permissions enabled as seen on the screenshot and yet there's no dropdown menu. Also I couldn't find Tools&Settings on the left navigation bar. Would there be a difference if I'm logged in as an admin?

Yes, Tools&Settings is available only for admin, if I'm not mistaken. Installation of Plesk components is also an administrative task and available only for Plesk admin.

Back