• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't Upload Images after Plesk Update Permissions All Lost on Everything

GigaBlast

New Pleskian
I've spent over 1 day now struggling with plesk and my hosting support. yesterday i updated plesk as a security measure after i disabled it for breaking things... bad idea. now it version 11.5.30 and all my permissions went.

Eventually help desk at 123 reg got my admin and ssh permission fixed but the rest is up to me.

Here's what went wrong. The first sign of trouble was that users can't Upload Images after Plesk Update.

So I have checked and changed permissions and ownerships but nothing works. also the session count isnt working php function count(glob(session_save_path() . '/*')) << always returns 1 since the update?

i really didn't consider that i needed a diary of permissions for every file,folder and apache config.

now i really can't make sense of it. i've searched all over the place for logs that show why file creation/permission is failing and can't find any reason.

This is whats causing me pain.
1) img.domain.com/0814 can create a folder, but not a file
2) domain.com can't count its own sessions files.

hopefully nothing else is broken. i have no server back ups, only file and database backups. i have read the help here, but can't find what to do.

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?46242-****i*g-Permissions-Again-!-!-!-!

any help really appreciated.

**************** 17:17PM UPDATE *******************************************
part of the file upload problem is related to sessions not starting since the plesk update.
i've tried all of the fixes here, but still no sessions running??????????????????????????? HELP!!!!

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?282891-Issues-with-var-lib-php-session-after-plesk-update

**************** 19:10PM UPDATE *******************************************
Internal server error 500 when uploading file. When show all errors is on, the errors are mainly warnings such as strcncmp expects 3 params, only two give.

I've checked the php ini files in the subdomain and main domain and both are allowing file uploads 2meg, 60 seconds... im out of ideas again.

Last edited:
Back