• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

case sensitive email?

B

bairey

I've got a user who has created a large number of domains, and used mixed case despite my instructions, creating names like MyDomain.com instead of mydomain.com. For the most part, this works fine. However, for webmail (squirrelmail, Horde, others) if he logs in using the exact case it always logs him in, and if he uses all lower case, it fails intermittently.

I'd like to tell the server that mydomain.com is the same as MyDomain.com. I've searched for an answer and am not finding one. Anyone have ideas? I thought ServerAlias might fix it, but it seems to have no effect, so I'm thinking that applies to httpd but not mail. There's no option to change the case in DNS settings. Anyone?

Thanks!

The only BEST way I have ever found is to rename the directories and mysql entries to all lowercase.

The reason Apache files don't care is that Apache evaluates everything with lowercase, Plesk unfortunately does not. And since the Plesk code is closed source, there is no way to change their end.

Back