1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. wsani

wsani Silver Pleskian

40%
    How does the centralized backups work? I have expand setup to backup to a central backup (via FTP), when I look at the FTP server, I see a bunch of files but I'm not sure what I'm looking at. For example:

drwxrwxrwx 2 plesk hdusers 6 Jul 21 09:10 94
    drwxrwxrwx 2 plesk hdusers 6 Jul 21 09:11 95
    drwxrwxrwx 2 plesk hdusers 6 Jul 21 09:32 96
    drwxrwxrwx 2 plesk hdusers 6 Jul 22 21:27 97
    drwxrwxrwx 2 plesk hdusers 6 Jul 22 22:12 98
    drwxrwxrwx 2 plesk hdusers 6 Jul 22 22:31 99

But when I change directory to one of those above, I see this:

ftp> cd 99
    250 CWD command successful
    ftp> ls
    227 Entering Passive Mode (10,20,43,170,16,84).
    150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list
    226 Transfer complete.

So nothing. What do I need to do to get Plesk Expand and the Plesk server backing up properly?

2. gold

gold Regular Pleskian

57%
    When you assign Plesk clients/domains to centralized backup storage (FTP server) the Expand create separate folder for each client (server_name/clients/plesk_client_id) and domain (server_name/domains/plesk_domain_id). The backup files are stored to these folders. Please try to back up some client or domain from 'Backup Storages/Backup Storage #X XXX/Backup Management XXX' page and check the backup process status. If backup process will be completed successfully the backup file will be created in appropriate folder.