• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

CBM Bug - Deleting a customer, panel still 'remembers' domain

Ross K

Basic Pleskian
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Parallels Plesk Panel w/CBM, CentOS, 64-Bit

Hello,

While testing CBM, I signed up as a customer and 'purchased' tdsfg44ldcb.com.

I didn't complete the payment, so the customer remained 'pending'. I went to 'Customers' and removed the customer. I then did a full delete of the customer (not archive), to remove all data.

There is now nothing showing in connection with this customer or purchase in Plesk as you'd expect. However, when I go to resign up and register the above domain, it does show as available. When I select it, and click next, I then get a message saying "Following domains are already registered: tdsfg44ldcb.com".

This has happened before, but the only way I could fix it was to remove CBM and reinstall it.

Surely there must be a better way? How do I make Plesk 'forget' this domain?

Last edited:
Hello,

This appears to be quite a serious problem. If a customer attempts to signup registering a new domain name with hosting, if their payment fails (credit card rejected for whatever reason), the customer is not able to re-signup as the panel "remembers" the domain and says it is already registered (even though it hasn't been).

Could Parallels confirm if they can reproduce this bug and if so, when it will be corrected?

Hello, Ross K

The issue was forwarded to developers and they were able to reproduce it.
It will be fixed in one of the future versions.

That's good news. Thank you.

If you need any further information, please feel free to contact me.

Ross

EugeneL

Do you know if this issue has been resolved yet?

Further, do you know how we can delete the existing 'remembered' domains manually? This is causing us some real problems.

Hello, Ross

Unfortunately not, the problem has not been fixed yet.
I've raised bug priority because of your requests.

When you remove customer, you also remove all his subscriptions - records in table 'packages' and others.
But ti seems to be that records in tables 'package_domains' and maybe 'package_domain_rel' remain alive.
As a temporary workaround you can clean these tables manually - just find records with broken links and remove them.
To connect to CBM database use utility /usr/share/plesk-billing/billing-db

Morning Eugene,

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

As long as we have a manual workaround, that will do us fine for now. I'll give these instructions a go later today and see if that makes Plesk 'forget' the domains.

Thanks again for your help & guidance - it's appreciated.

Ross

Back